It’s that most wonderful time of the school year again. Time for what almost every student dreads_ Finals! Need a few pointers? Take it from the seasoned pro!
1. Budget your time. No room for procrastination here! Keep the planner organized with upcoming tests, projects, and presentations. Make a schedule each day and stick to it! Good things come to those who can budget time wisely.
2. Ask questions. More than likely, professors will want to help their students succeed. Don’t know something? Last minute question answered? Don’t hesitate to contact your teachers. They are there to help!
3. Eat. Eating is never a waste of time. It’s easier to study on a full stomach than an empty stomach. Bring snacks to eat during study sessions. Keep the stomach full and the brain energized. Eat a good breakfast/lunch before the final starts.
4. SLEEP! Don’t stay up into the early hours studying (refer to number one). Get plenty of rest. The last thing needed is to have a blurry mind for that physics final.
5. Take breaks. After about an hour of studying, get up and walk around and stretch.
6. RELAX! This is especially important during the test. Take a deep breath. There are two hours to complete the final. Remember, it’s not a race to see who finishes first.
7. Have something to look forward too after the test. Go out and get ice cream, take a nap, read a book. Do something that you have wanted to do all semester but haven’t found the time.
There is no need to worry about the final. It is like any other test taken throughout the semester. Apply the following pointers and the final will be a piece of cake.