The Great Pineapple Debate

Don't forget to like and share! 🙂

The great pineapple debate has just recently become a topic of discussion on the internet. Everyone from small town college students, to big time celebrities and major world leaders are weighing in on the controversy.

On the one hand, I would acknowledge that Hawaiian pizza containing pineapple and Canadian bacon is pretty classic. Almost anyone can agree with that statement, whether they like the pizza itself or not. On the other hand, pineapple lovers have moved from putting the fruit onto other pizzas that don’t originally have pineapple on, which is where I disagree.

In a poll done on Facebook of 64 people around the state of Utah including some feedback from Snow College students 78% of people agreed that pineapple belongs on pizza. That leaves 22% disagreeing. Adam Allred, a Snow College students commented with “Three cheers for pineapple!”

However, none of the people polled are professional chefs with a pallet of immaculate standards (who have the most credibility regarding this issue).Chef Gordon Ramsay shared his opinion on the debate on twitter. He said, “Pineapple does not go on top of pizza.”

Despite the opinion of those on social media, professional chefs should be given more credence on this topic. And so, even if a person feels like there is a need for pineapple on pizza, those with real credibility would disagree.

Be first to comment

Solve : *
24 × 10 =